Educational Costs & Disclosures
The total cost of massage therapy school estimated around $14,400 including Registration & Tuition Fees, Lab Fees, Books, Massage Table & Equipment, and Professional Licensing.
Application Fee: $25
Registration Fee: $100
Lab Fees: $215
Massage Table/Equipment (allotted from financial aid): $795
Professional Licensing: $365
Estimated Total Cost: $14,440
- A one-time $25.00 Application Fee is required for all Matriculated and Non-Matriculated students (this is non-refundable after 3 business days from enrollment date). For MCU graduates enrolling as Non-Matriculated Students, no additional Application Fee is required and is waived.
- A $100.00 Re-registration fee is required for all students who withdraw and return to school. (The Registration or Re-registration fee is non-refundable after 3 business days from the date paid.)
- Lab Fees Include: $95.00 fee for ‘Applied Anatomy Lab’ + $85.00 fee for ‘First Aid/CPR’ +$35.00 fee for ‘Utah Laws, Rules and Ethics’ (The Utah Laws, Rules and Ethics class is a required course for those seeking licensure in Utah.)
- Massage Table/Equipment costs will vary based on options and additions ordered by the student and may exceed amount listed above.
- Professional Licensing – Assistance with licensing provided as a Service to the Student by MCU.
Our class sizes are designed to be small and engaging. Each instructor is able to spend individual time helping students when needed. Please See Our Term / Class Schedules — Please click on the appropriate link below showing our most current and recent Class Schedules.
TRANSFER CREDIT POLICY
Myotherapy College of Utah accepts transfer credits from other institutions according to the following guidelines:
- The Transcript, course description, syllabi or other supporting documentation must demonstrate that the course taken at the other institution is of similar length and content to the course for which transfer is requested.
- Application for transfer credit must include official transcripts showing a “C” grade or better in the course. Other supporting documentation may be required (i.e. Course catalog, syllabi, course descriptions, etc.).
- The course(s) must have been taken at an accredited institution.
- The maximum number of transfer credits that will be accepted toward completion of the program is 19 for the Basic Core Program.
- All transfer credit applications must be made before the student originally enrolls.
- After all requested supporting documentation is received, the student will be notified within 30 calendar days whether or not the request to accept the transfer will be granted.
- Myotherapy College of Utah reserves the right to deny a request for transfer credit based on time that has passed since the course was taken on a case by case basis.
Prior Credit Policy for Students Utilizing VA Education Benefits
In reference to Title 38 USC 3675 and 3676, and 38 CFR 21.4254, there is a requirement for all institutions to maintain a written record of previous education and training and that this prior credit be evaluated and reported to the VA. This includes the appropriate reduction in the requirements to complete this program.
In accordance with the above stated regulations, all Veterans or eligible dependents who use GI Bill Benefits for this training are required to bring in documentation of all previous training and education. Veterans are required to submit all prior training transcripts, including military transcripts, to the institution for review.
This institution will review all prior credit, and maintain a record of such training in the student’s VA file.
Due to the nature of specific and intensive training, before any credit is accepted as transfer, the student must demonstrate their skills to the instructor who will evaluate and recommend the appropriate credit accordingly. All prior credit will be awarded at the discretion of the Education Director after the evaluation of the students’ skills.
All credit granted will be documented, the program shorted proportionally and a record will be given to the student.